By Jeff Smith, Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg
Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals
An end-to-end reference advisor to layout, install, deal with, and safe 802.11 instant networks
As stressed networks are more and more changed with 802.11n instant connections, company clients are moving to centralized, next-generation architectures outfitted round instant LAN Controllers (WLC). those networks will more and more run business-critical voice, information, and video functions that after required stressed out Ethernet.
In Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals, 3 senior Cisco instant specialists collect all of the sensible and conceptual wisdom pros have to expectantly layout, configure, set up, deal with, and troubleshoot 802.11n networks with Cisco Unified instant community (CUWN) technologies.
The authors first introduce the center rules, elements, and benefits of next-generation instant networks outfitted with Cisco choices. Drawing on their pioneering event, the authors current information, insights, and most sensible practices for community layout and implementation in addition to precise configuration examples.
Next, they remove darkness from key applied sciences starting from WLCs to light-weight entry element Protocol (LWAPP) and keep watch over and Provisioning of instant entry issues (CAPWAP), mounted cellular Convergence to WiFi Voice. in addition they express easy methods to benefit from the CUWN’s end-to-end safety, computerized configuration, self-healing, and built-in administration functions.
This ebook serves as a pragmatic, hands-on reference for all community directors, designers, and engineers throughout the whole undertaking lifecycle, and an authoritative studying software for brand spanking new instant certification courses. this is often the only booklet that
- Fully covers the rules and parts of next-generation instant networks outfitted with Cisco WLCs and Cisco 802.11n AP
- Brings jointly real-world assistance, insights, and most sensible practices for designing and enforcing next-generation instant networks
- Presents start-to-finish configuration examples for universal deployment scenarios
- Reflects the large first-hand event of Cisco experts
- Gain an operational and design-level knowing of WLAN Controller (WLC) architectures, similar applied sciences, and the issues they solve
- Understand 802.11n, MIMO, and protocols built to aid WLC architecture
- Use Cisco applied sciences to augment instant community reliability, resilience, and scalability whereas decreasing working expenses
- Safeguard your resources utilizing Cisco Unified instant Network’s complex safety features
- Design instant networks able to serving as an enterprise’s basic or purely entry community and aiding complicated mobility services
- Utilize Cisco instant regulate process (WCS) to devise, install, video display, troubleshoot, and file on instant networks all through their lifecycles
- Configure Cisco instant LANs for multicasting
- Quickly troubleshoot issues of Cisco controller-based instant LANs
This booklet is a part of the Cisco Press® basics sequence. Books during this sequence introduce networking execs to new networking applied sciences, masking community topologies, pattern deployment techniques, protocols, and administration techniques.
Covers: Cisco Controller-Based instant LANs
Read Online or Download Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals: An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks PDF
Similar protocols & apis books
This ebook is superb, yet little outdated. Cisco has published many new in addition to software program instant know-how. i like to recommend "Managing and Securing a Cisco® based Wireless-Aware community" that is the up to date model.
Controller-Based instant LAN basics An end-to-end reference advisor to layout, installation, deal with, and safe 802. eleven instant networks Jeff SmithJake WoodhamsRobert Marg As stressed out networks are more and more changed with 802. 11n instant connections, firm clients are moving to centralized, next-generation architectures equipped round instant LAN Controllers (WLC).
Content material: bankruptcy 1 Why Use Uml to version community Protocols? (pages 1–29): bankruptcy 2 uncomplicated Transmission (pages 31–73): bankruptcy three easy Chat software (pages 75–131): bankruptcy four Non? trustworthy Transmission Mediums (pages 133–179): bankruptcy five uncomplicated shipping Protocol (pages 181–239):
- Video conferencing over IP : configure, secure, and troubleshoot
- Wireless Foresight : Scenarios of the Mobile World in 2015
- Risk Thinking for Cloud-Based Application Services
- Neural Networks in Optimization
Additional resources for Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals: An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks
11 data frame is encapsulated with a CAPWAP header and then encapsulated into a UDP datagram, which of course is carried as an IP packet. The IP packet uses the WTP’s IP address as the source IP address and the AC’s WTP manager IP address as the destination address. After the IP packet arrives at the AC, the AC extracts the CAPWAP header for processing. 3 Ethernet frame that is bridged onto an appropriate VLAN on the wired network. The wired, switched/routed network delivers the data frame to Host B.
Scaling for large WLANs with simplified and automated management functions. This includes auto-tuning of RF configuration. The controller-based architecture addresses the security, operation, and application requirements for the mobility and wireless applications that business networks have been waiting for. Controller-based wireless networks have allowed WLANs to move from being a convenience to being a primary access method that can be relied on to run mission-critical applications. Chapter 2, “Wireless LAN Protocols,” provides detailed information on the protocols that were developed to support the WLC architecture.
The task group defining RFC 5415 added these capabilities to the CAPWAP protocol, instead of just relying on IP layer fragmentation and reassembly services, so that CAPWAP would be flexible enough to traverse Network Address Translation (NAT) and firewall boundaries, where IP fragments are often dropped. The sender of the CAPWAP packet (either the WTP or the AC) is responsible for fragmenting the frame when the encapsulated frame exceeds the transport layer MTU. Reassembly of the original fragmented frame is handled by the receiver (either the WTP or the AC) before the frame is processed further.